Some of these are from SAW Faculty. Others are borrowed from the Wild West of the Internet (always with credit where we can.)
Inside you'll find PDFs and videos about
- Generating Ideas
- Drawing Help!
- Storytelling and Narrative Techniques
- Games and Exercises for Teachers and Groups
- Some Full Readings
Take a look!
- Emily Flake's Anyone Can Do It Drawing Cheat Sheet
- Drawing Children, Teens and Adults in Proportion
- Justine's Inking Master Class Free Booklet FREE PREVIEW
- How to Copy the Great Masters - VIDEO FREE PREVIEW
- Great Inking with Alex Raymond, Al Williamson and more - VIDEO FREE PREVIEW
- Inking Practice Worksheets by Justine Mara Andersen
- Justine on Wally Wood Details
- How to make your lettering readable, expressive and beautiful - VIDEO by Tom Hart
- Emotions and Faces
- Drawing Movement
- Computer coloring (basic), from Tom Hart's Book on Comic Strips
- A Survey of Trees
- Unlearn Anime Expressions (c) 2011 by Tracy Butler
- Setting up a Gouache Palette - Jess Ruliffson's Way
- Free Drawing for Animation School
- How To Read (and make) A Single Panel Cartoon | by Tom Hart
- How to Draw Action and Movement
- Disney Staging Handout - This has been traveling the internet for decades.
- Storyboarding the Simpsons Way - Animation tricks by Chris Roman good for comics panels too!
- Brad Bird on Compositions - We got this from AnimationMeat.Com
- Comics Language Basics
- Staging Your Characters VIDEO
- Tom's Favorite In-Class Exercise. Building Panel by Panel
- Explode the Rules of the Page!
- Storytelling With The Odyssey of Sergeant Jack Brennan Full Curriculum PDF
- How To Read Nancy (C) Mark Newgarden and Paul Karasik. This has been blowing minds for years! Be sure to buy their whole book from Fantagraphics
- Comics Kuleshov - About creating meaning by juxtapositions of panels or "shots"
- 9 Different Narrative Voices in Comics. Try this.
- How to Read a Gag Cartoon, Essay by Tom Hart
- PIXAR IN A BOX Free Course
- Video: How to Write for Animation from Nickelodeon
- Subverting the Judging Brain
- Creating a Store of Ideas
- OUR SUPER PRIVATE, UTTERLY UNBROKEN AND EASY TO USE IMAGE AND CARD WEB SITE!!!!!
- 8 Ways to Never Run Out of Ideas
- Ego, Id, Super-Ego Character Generator
- The Feeling Wheel
- How to Say Everything - 192 page free E-Book FREE PREVIEW
- Women in Comics - An Introduction by Trina Robbins PDF
- Ira Glass on our Work vs our Ambitions - Brilliant!
- The Creative Process - THE TRUTH
- Comics: An Art of Anxiety Part 1
- Animation Resources
- Great Web Resources
- Survey of great biographical comics
- Master Story Response Sheet - Ways of responding to a comic or graphic novel WORD Doc
- Pickle and Potato Comic Booklet Creator. Pre-drawn cartoon panels for creating a fun story
- Louis Riel by Chester Brown Study Guide for Students
- Lost Weekend In Alice Springs, by Craig San Roque and Josh Santospirito
- Design in Motion; Classic Animation Book, 1962, from Archive.Org